Wednesday, December 12, 2012

October 11


Oh, god. Tossing the ball during the combination ended up being a serious exercise in futility for way too long. We have people in our class who legitimately have hand-eye coordination biological problems (And I’m not being funny. We do.) but it wasn’t even mostly their fault. Some of us just really suck at catching and throwing. Once we were able to choose how to do it, though, we started passing to people we knew needed to be passed to and throwing to people we knew could handle it. Eventually we got through it, but geez. That was stressful.
            We did the animal scenes today, and that was awesome. I seriously love doing the giraffe. It makes me so happy, and using my body in weird ways is something I love to do. I can turn my arms pretty much all the way around, so I can imitate the direction of their front leg joints, and I’m probably too proud of myself for that. Our scene was a really good way of showing how animal traits can be transferred to human characters and situations, and something about it definitely clicked.

No comments:

Post a Comment